Future Visions for AbiWord
Blue sky stuff goes here. Please contribute to this page only if you will be taking part in putting stuff into reality. The issues mentioned here are certainly not isolated, e.g. collaboration and education may overlap.
See AbiCollab, but the vision goes further of course.
- Cross-WP collaboration, possible standardisation of a jabber extension (XEP).
- add more here ...
Education and Academia
- How can AbiWord be optimised for educational purpose?
- AbiWord as a tool to teach word processing, probably not too bad already because of simplicity and freeness.
- AbiWord as a tool to create educational and academic content.
- GtkMathView support is going some way.
- The LaTeX plugin is clearly lacking, compared to hand-written documents.
- Bibliography support needed ( http://bugzilla.abisource.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6265 ).
Best word processor for exotic languages and scripts
Not too bad already, further improvments by pango support introduced in the 2.5 dev cycle. Unfortunately there is a lack of i18n savvy developers and testers for some locales, maybe OLPC involvement can lead to better testing.
- Main.RobertStaudinger - 02 Jan 2007